Sunday, September 12, 2010

SEPTEMBER 9 – 11 – AN INTRODUCTION TO MYKONOS







• After arriving via ship to the Island, I was taken to my studio flat (Ortensia Villas). It’s quite close to Chora (main centre of town) but on top of the hill looking at the harbour so I quickly rented myself a quad bike to get around. By bike, it’s only 5 minutes to town.
• My friend Kosta, his cousin Nic and partner Geo are staying here for 3 days so it’s been good to have some great company and they’ve been before. So far, I’ve been to Paradise Beach, Super Paradise Beach and my favourite, Elia. Elia is a bit quieter and more relaxed than the other two. Nic and Geo have rented a beautiful villa in Elia and have been kind enough to invite Kosta and I to the pool and bar area at the end of a hard day at the beach (which is divine)
• The camber of the day is roughly as follows. Wake up at 10 am, go and get a coffee, go to the beach by 1.00 pm, swim and relax until 6 pm, have a drink, go home by 8 pm. Dinner at 10 pm then a drink or two in one of many bars until 2 am. We’ve repeated this the last three days.
• Today we took a 15 minute ride on a giant ski biscuit around Elia beach towed by a speed boat. It was amazing fun and the four of us (who asked for ‘no mercy’ from the ski boat driver) got what we asked for!

No comments:

Post a Comment